The documentary film that every Hip Hop fan has been waiting for will finally be unleashed to the masses this fall and to coincide with the film’s release, HiPNOTT Records is honored to digitally release the official soundtrack, Music Inspired By The Film DEMOS: An Independent Artist’s Guide To Success, on September 10, 2013.
Executive produced by Mischa “Big Dho” Burgess and Kareem Fort, the soundtrack is a unique collection of music from a variety of independent artists that have been inspired by the DEMOS documentary. The soundtrack features artists such as Skyzoo, Torae, Rapper Big Pooh, Tanya Morgan, Supastition, Planet Asia and many more!
The album is available now for digital pre-orders on iTunes. Check the full tracklisting below.
- Skyzoo & Torae (aka The Barrel Bros.) – The Get Up (prod M31RK and Peter Haslanger)
- El Prez – Sound Off (prod THX)
- Wax – Chameleon (prod EOM)
- Tanya Morgan – Start It Up (prod. IMAKEMADBEATS)
- King Mez – Demo (prod Kash)
- Rapper Big Pooh ft Sha Stimuli – Do More Say Less (prod Trox)
- Spintelect feat Fashawn and Sham – Situations (prod. Spintelect)
- General Monks (Planet Asia/TriState) – Front Runners (prod Dj Woool)
- Lt.Lotto ft DottieO &Joe Scudda – On My Sh*t (prod Trox)
- Supastition – Hunger (prod Trox)
- Raven Sorvino – Play My Demo (prod DaeOne)
- K. Sparks ft Tina Quallo and Nation – My Song (prod. Payozo)
- Senior Class ft Dasha &Leslie- Just To Be With You (prod. Emilio Bucks)
- Truck North – Save Us (prod Khari Mateen)
- Dae One and Noni Spitz -Hold You Down (prod DaeOne)
- ArtOfficial – Two Things (prod ArtOfficial)
- Chaundon – Listen (prod Kuddie Fresh)
How do I stand out in the sea of Hip-Hop artists trying to make it the business today? How do I build a brand and create an image? Should I put out a promotional mixtape or work on a full album first? How can I get sponsorship for shows and tours? Do I need a booking agent?
These and countless other questions have been asked by independent Hip-Hop artists across the country for years. And for the first time DEMOS: An Independent Artist’s Guide To Success answers these questions masterfully with, with the help of Hip-Hop legends, successful independent artists, and tastemakers covering the entire span of the Music Industry and Hip-Hop culture. With appearances by Talib Kweli, Naughty By Nature, Black Thought, DJ Quik, Rapper Big Pooh, Siedah Garrett, Tony Rock, Dwele, Mack 10 and a host of others, DEMOS is guaranteed to become a much needed, revitalizing game changer for the Independent Hip-Hop community.
The brainchild of new documentarian Kareem Fort, COO of HiPNOTT Records and co-owner of Cypher Lounge Radio, DEMOS is not your average film. It truly serves as an awe-inspiring guide to success for independent artists at any level of their career.
To help bring his vision to life, Fort brought on HiPNOTT Records CEO and renowned Hip-Hop blogger Kevin Nottingham, who shares the executive producer credit; along with Hip-Hop artist and Cypher Lounge Radio Co-Owner and Host Hassahn Phenomenon and manager Soul Wallace as Producers on the DEMOS project. The result is an honest and dynamic look at the real success reflected across the Independent Hip-Hop community.
DEMOS was created to educate and inspire aspiring and emerging independent Hip-Hop artists to re-evaluate their approach to the business and accelerate their path to success. The film’s primary objective is to provide insight on the myriad ways to establish and further a successful independent music career. Each of the industry veterans and established artists featured share experiences, advice and techniques in an unusually candid manor, providing an invaluable and unprecedented resource for the up-and-coming artist. From scholarly advice about branding and getting noticed, to revelations about submitting content to the media, DEMOS leaves no subject untouched, making it an instant must-see for any serious musician.
DEMOS will thoroughly examine how the music industry has changed over the course of the last 20 years and how to navigate those changes from the unique standpoint of the artists. Now more than ever, artists need to empower and equip themselves with the biggest asset to maximize their chances at success: information. DEMOS offers every secret weapon to catapult an independent artists career to the next level.