After the single “Keep Movin” featuring Sean P. exploded all over the Internet just last week, HiPNOTT Records follows up with a preview sampler of the album it was leaked from, A Day in the Life by K. Sparks produced by G.C. mixed by the label’s in-house DJ, DJ Mark 1. The album will drop on Tuesday, March 2, 2010 and will be available for purchase on iTunes, Amazon.com, and other major outlets.
A Day in the Life is a fitting title for this conceptual project, which was recorded in just one day’s time. Listeners are taken from the beginning to end of a typical day in Sparks’ life. The album is an exploration into all aspects of the artist’s identity, a reveal he faces in an intimate and emotionally supercharged way. Sparks provides the A Day in the Life tour using inventive wordplay, internal rhyming, battle raps, storytelling and eye-widening punch-lines. Equally integral to the project, producer G.C. has master-crafted a backdrop for Sparks that glows with rich instrumentation and a comforting jazziness, while still maintaining a raw, boom-bap vibe overall.
In other news:
Download a full preview of the explosive single, “Keep Movin” featuring Sean P. at http://usershare.net/fhwzwxgroet1.
This spring, Sparks will tour the country in promotion of his new album and plans to release several albums and mixtape projects in 2010.
About K. Sparks
If a year’s worth of weekly, original, straight-to-the-net songs for his online series “Manic Mondays” wasn’t enough to thrust K. Sparks into the foreground, his musical resume of over 100 mixtape features, six albums, a few promotional CD’s, and download counts for various projects into the 30k’s has surely done just that. He has paved the way for his newest project, A Day in the Life, produced by G.C., releasing through HiPNOTT Records on March 2, 2010.
- Won DJ Booth.net’s “Best New Indie Artist”, “Best New Single By An Indie Artist” and “Best Freestyle” (2010)
- BET’s Artist of the Month (2007)
- Featured in current issue of The Source magazine as recipient of their Unsigned Hype award (Jan/Feb 2010)
- Featured on MTV Mixtape Mondays twice for two different projects (2006, 2007)
- Performed alongside musical greats including Talib Kweli and Joe Budden, and has collaborated a variety of talented artists including Kid Cudi